Changes to this Policy
We may change any part of this policy, without any separate notice to users. The current policy will always be posted here. We will not change the purpose of this policy, which is to protect your privacy consistent with our goals as a non-profit organization committed to preserving and stewarding America’s national parks.
Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information when you choose to provide it to us including your name, mailing address, email address, payment card information, and other information that you choose to provide. For example, when you choose to make a contribution to the Park Trust, we need to know your name and mailing address. For online contributions, we also need to know your email address and payment card information. We may also receive your personal information from third parties as described below. We use a third-party to host and process donor information and gifts. This information is maintained in a secure, cloud-based environment with limited, password-protected access by 3 employees at National Park Trust.
National Park Trust does not sell or rent our email list to other entities for them to contact you. Registered subscribers can remove their names from our email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email message. You can also request to be removed from our email list by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your name, address and your email address that we send our messages to so we can expedite your request.
Mobile Phone Numbers
National Park Trust does not sell or rent the mobile phone numbers of our subscribers to other entities for them to contact you. You can also request to be removed from our mobile messaging list by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and your mobile phone number that we send our messages to so we can expedite your request.
Postal Mailing Lists
National Park Trust sometimes shares or rents its postal mailing list to other nonprofit organizations and companies that we feel you may be interested in hearing from. Please contact us at email@example.com if you do not wish us to share your postal address for these mailings. Be sure to include your name, address and email address to help expedite your request.
Information Collected or Provided by Third Parties
We may obtain additional information (including personal information) about you from third parties, or allow third parties to collect information (including personal information), as described below. The third parties that collect information on our website may also collect information about your visits to other websites and online services over time.
- Information from Third Parties. We may sometimes collect information about you from third parties we work with or through publicly available sources. We may combine that information with other information we collect through the website or that you voluntarily provide or authorize us to obtain. We do not have any control over the third parties that provide us with your information, including how they collect, process or disclose your personal information.
- Device Information. We may use third parties to collect information about the device you use to visit the site, including device identifiers, device type, and operating system, if your device settings allow it.
- Payment Transaction Information. If you donate online, your payment card information is processed by our service providers, which provide us with limited information about your donation.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographics from third parties. We may combine this with other information we have about you.
- Google Analytics. Among these services, National Park Trust uses Google Analytics to provide analytics services on our website. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our website, visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt-out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
In addition to sharing personal information for specific purposes as described in other sections of this policy, we may share your personal information with:
- Any other service providers or agents that perform activities on our behalf, including vendors used for processing donations;
- As part of a sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or as we deem necessary to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
National Park Trust does not host third-party advertising on its website. However, we do sometimes promote our corporate partners by including links to their websites and information about them on our website. National Park Trust is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these linked sites.